Take-and-Bake-Pizza Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and instructions. Place your Aver’s pizza and supplied baking tray on the center rack of your oven. Make sure the center rack is placed 6 to 8 inches from the bottom of the oven.
- Average baking time is 12 to 15 minutes.
- An Aver’s pizza is perfectly baked when the crust & bottom are a golden brown and the cheese slowly bubbles in the center of the pizza. Check the bottom of the pizza by lifting the edge with a spatula.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes before cutting into slices, as it will be really hot!
- The baking tray provided with your pizza is to be used ONE TIME ONLY.
- The baking tray may discolor during baking. This is normal.
- Discard the baking tray after one use. DO NOT use it to reheat or bake again.
Tips for the Perfect Aver’s Pizza
- Refrigerate your pizza as soon as possible if you are not immediately going to cook it. We recommend baking a refrigerated pizza within 24 hours.
- Remember to preheat your oven before you start or the pizza won’t cook correctly.
- Bake only one pizza at a time.
- Make sure the baking tray does not touch the back or sides of the oven.
- Aver’s pizzas cooked in your home oven tend to be ‘crisper’ than those cooked in the store. This is a result of the pizza being so incredibly fresh!
- For an even crispier bottom crust, slide the pizza directly onto the oven rack for the last two minutes of baking time.
- Not all ovens cook the same. Please watch your pizza carefully until you get a feel for the correct cooking time for your particular oven.
- Make sure you have all the necessary equipment before you begin. We provide the baking tray. You will need oven mitts/potholders, a spatula for checking the bottom of the pizza crust, and a pizza cutter or a large knife to slice the pizza after it’s cooked.